Safety & Technology
With lower velocities and projectile weight, the Civilian Target Ammunition (CTA) is designed for complete safety and reliability, bringing target practice with your weapon to a whole new level – without the need for a range and free from live fire restrictions. The CTA utilizes the same core technology the U.S. Military, Special Forces and Law Enforcement Agencies have been using in their operational weapons during training for nearly a decade.
- Plastic projectile weighs less than 1 gram
- Average velocity of 375 fps at the muzzle
- Outstanding Short Range Accuracy, .223/5.56mm ammunition = 30mm (1.18in) at 30m/32 yes (mean radius)
- No Need for Hearing Protection – 113db
- No Gunpowder – primer actuated systems
- UNIQUE patented, proprietary and exclusive dual primer system and projectile driving band system.
- The UTM Civilian Target Ammunition (CTA) Conversion WILL NOT fire standard .223/5.56mm live rounds because of its offset firing pin design
- Cartridge technology has over a 99% reliability as certified by the U.S. Army’s Picatinny Arsenal
Get Started in 60 Seconds...
STEP 1: Insert our ready, out-of-the-box bolt carrier conversion into your M-4, AR-15, or related platform.
STEP 2: Insert our .223/5.56mm CTA rounds in your high-quality magazine or the UTM magazine.
STEP 3: Begin target shooting virtually anywhere with a safe backdrop.
The World’s most reliable and accurate target ammunition and fail-safe conversion kits, specifically designed for military, law enforcement, security and professional training organizations is now available to all shooting enthusiasts!
Reliable & Safe
The UTM Civilian Target Ammunition is the first technology specifically designed, engineered, and expertly manufactured for reality-based practice at home! UTM’s Patented Two Primer Cartridge System is the first to isolate the large amount of operational energy needed to cycle the firearm from the small amount of energy required for propelling the UTM Target Ammunition projectile. The isolated primers allow for total control of the cartridge energies providing consistent velocities necessary for improved accuracy and controlled impact.
- Fail-Safe is achieved by utilizing a 3mm offset firing pin design, which will only work with the rim fire primer used in the CTA
- Realistic cyclic rates in semi-automatic firearms which match that of “live” fire.
- Muzzle energy with an average of less than 3ft/lbs.
- Consistent safe shot to shot muzzle velocities (Average of 375fps) are essential for safe indoor/outdoor target training.
- Minimal noise and emissions, train virtually anywhere!
UTM’s CTA Conversion is uniquely designed to prevent the discharge of traditional 5.56mm/.223 “live” ammunition (5.56 NATO, 5.56 x 45mm, and .223 Remington). Fail-Safe is achieved by utilizing a 3mm offset firing pin design, which will only work with the rim fire powerload used in the UTM Target Ammunition, but not with a “live” center fire cartridge. In the event a 5.56mm “live” cartridge is chambered and the trigger is pulled, the Conversions offset firing pin will strike outside the primer pocket of the 5.56mm “live” round. This makes it impossible to detonate the “live” ammunition in the UTM converted weapon.
Can Not Fire Live Ammunition
UTM Conversion Firing Pin will strike outside of the primer pocket of traditional 5.56 NATO & .223 Remington “live” ammunition.
The expanding cartridge combined with the UTM Conversion creates a blow-back system that realistically and reliably cycles the firearm.
Easy to Spot
Reliable & Safe
The UTM Target System conversion is designed so the weapon’s dust cover will not close so the blue indicator of a safe converted weapon is always visible.